Old 04-26-20, 08:38 AM
duffer1960

Bikes: Fred cycles

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Drift Ghost X. I've been running one for six months and a pair of them since December. No problems.
  • 5-hour battery runtime, with optional 8-hour battery.
  • Weather resistant. I've been caught in rain, no problems. And I've had to wipe mud off them with a wet rag, also no problems. Seals are good.
  • Good image quality for an affordable tiny sensor camera. Good low light sensitivity and dynamic range. It's not 4K (that model costs a lot more) but pretty good for HD.
  • Various recording modes. I use "car DVD" set to 5-minute segments. If I need to save a segment for evidence, I don't need to bother with editing software. I just save a copy of that segment.
  • Overwrites earliest files. I need to switch from a 32GB to 64GB media card to avoid overwriting on longer rides. But 32GB is good enough for rides of 3-4 hours.

Current price is $100 each, but occasionally discounted. Put one in the Amazon cart (or move it to the "save for later" option) and check the prices daily. Sometimes that will trigger a price change.

I got the roll bar mount for my second camera. It's similar to the handlebar/stem mount, but with longer bolts.

I mount one to the stem, the rear facing camera on the seat post under my saddle bag.

It includes stick-on mounts for motorcycle helmets. Good 3M VRB adhesive, but the stickum doesn't quite match typical vented road bike helmets. I use Blue Tak gum and Scotch equivalent mounting putty to stick the mounts to my helmets. Works fine when I want to mount a camera to the helmet. The putty is not permanent and stays pliable, but holds very securely. I can be peeled up very carefully and reused.
Ordered. Got a $15 discount when I put it in my cart. Thanks for the recommendation. I've wanted an automobile dash cam too. Will try to use it double-duty. Didn't notice any optional extras for mounting, charging, data transfer. We'll see...