Old 09-29-19, 07:06 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
worth noting that the amount of watts you make from 10-15 seconds of an effort (or from 15 to 20 seconds into the effort) is a lot lower than your peak power, but determines your max speed a whole lot more.

which is to say if i had to choose between a 2000w max with a 1000w 15-second average, and a 1400w max but a 1250w 15-second average - guess which i'd choose? guess which would give me a higher top speed?

you have headroom to increase your max wattage, but if you wanna go faster, focus on *drawing out* your max wattage - doing it for longer.
This is right on the money. There's lots of guys waving their things around with high peak wattages that just can't deliver with F200 times. The big boppers that I know don't give a damn about a peak wattage, they're much more preoccupied with 20s power and technique to enhance the repeatability of their efforts.

For me, I busted out a sceptical, but still recorded 2500W on my kickr. My best was 11.8 F200 but to be fair that 2500W was after a kick ass off season where my metrics were all going up. Then life went to poo for my personal sports goals and now I just have to dream of what could have been as I play doting father to my sporting daughter for a while
Likes For brawlo: