canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by nob
still looking for mask recommendations and/or helmet recommendations with forced air. I appreciate all the dietary changes but I've tried all that - I'm in my 8th year and trust me, tried almost everything the sun including going completely vegetarian for a year. The root of the issue is some of us are born with high IGE in our body and some aren't - take a look at it and you'll see the science behind allergies
Oh, I know. Going through that myself. It got worse after an auto-immune disorder that killed my thyroid. But I'm still trying other things to minimize allergy symptoms.

I had appointments for ENT and allergist this month but had to postpone them due to the coronavirus pandemic. And I'm still waiting for a rheumatology consult.

The challenge with any air filter designed for wearing is impeded air flow. This makes it difficult to breathe with any exertion beyond a walking pace.

I've considered trying a homemade filter using the medium or large mesh electrostatic filter material that doesn't impede air flow. But I haven't found any designed specifically for respiratory protection. Without controlled manufacturing and lab tests there's no way of knowing whether we'd be exposing ourselves to worse hazards by wearing a respirator material designed for air conditioning systems.

Another possibility is a portable oxygen generator, which could be mounted on the bike.