Old 08-19-19, 11:32 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
This morning I picked up some trash on the trail that had been there over the weekend. It looked like a homeless had maybe traded up their tote bag for a backpack. Some kid's Yosemite homework, and a book about redwoods. No last name or school name. Feel sorry for the kid, some effort had gone into it.

I grabbed the handlebar of my bike to head home and psssssshhh. Yeah, after all our discussions about tubeless, I let the sealant dry out. The hole wasn't big enough for a plug that might not hold without sealant anyhow, and I really, really didn't want to wrestle in the tube, the beads on these tires are a pain. So I glued a patch on the outside and reinforced/covered it with a cuff strap that I had in my bag. Just to add insult to injury the Presta adapter was missing from my pump and I had to go around to see if any of my fellow bike commuters were still around and had a pump. Fortunately yes... This arrangement got me home, though I could feel it squirming near the end. The cuff strap survived the 3.7 miles and is merely dirty. After putting the kids to bed I put some sealant in and also tried to figure out why the chain is skipping in 7th. I let out two clicks on the adjuster.

The time I spent patching and finding a pump was the time I intended to dispose of the kiddie bike, so that will have to wait for tomorrow again. I don't know why I'm feeling this bug to clean up the trail.
Genesis 49:16-17

Last edited by Darth Lefty; 08-19-19 at 11:48 PM.