Old 08-20-19, 11:09 AM
groovestew

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundra_Man
The repaved spur was smooth as silk. Until this morning when it was discovered that it was closed again because they tore up a chunk of it with a backhoe. Not sure why they had to do that.
Sounds like the public construction philosophy in my city. Why do things right the first time, when you can do it wrong and then fix it?

We're in for a couple more days of summer...I think that makes about 4 or 5 this year so far. Seriously, there are puddles on the paved trails that have been there since June. I'm hoping the next 36 hours are precipitation-free, and then maybe I'll be able to take my alternate route home on a dirt trail (currently mud).

When I have been riding over the past few weeks (which is not much), I've been riding one of my multi-geared bikes instead of my fixed gear. I seem to have forgotten what to do with the gears though. Rode the whole way into work today in one gear, which was a bit high riding into the breeze. I'm sure my cadence was down in the 60's. Yes, there is a simple solution to the problem.