Old 09-03-20, 02:57 PM
rower2cyclist

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
I've had such problems mounting Conti tires onto the Fulcrum rims on my Bianchi that I ended up mounting the Contis on other bikes that have Velocity rims first, riding them for a few rides, and THEN moving them to the Fulcrums. Right out of the box, I've never been able to do them without levers, but once they're stretched out a bit, I can even take them off the rim without levers.
Thanks all I need is that extra few milimeters. Hopefully they are stretching just a little on the wheels now.

Originally Posted by Bob the Mech
HED Ardennes+ are a pain to get tyres onto. I've found most tubeless-ready clinchers rims I've fitted tyres to require at least two levers...though my hands aren't the strongest. Warmimg up tyres on the radiator at home does ease the fitting a little. The tyres fit slightly quicker the second time around after being on the bike for a while under pressure, just that little bit of 'give' with usage.
Yes, will def warm up the tires beforehand next time. Although we down't have radiators in our house. Such foreign concept in the US. I miss living in a house with radiators way better than air heating!

Originally Posted by datlas
It's a great tool to have. Once the tires are on, any subsequent changes should be not quite as painful as the bead stretches a fraction of a mm.

BTW some tire/rim combo's are notoriously difficult to mount, so in the future you may want to ask around.
Will def do my friend next time. I guess I got pretty lucky with my SLR1 and Rovals (before) I had no idea some combos could be problematic. That lool looks quite promising!
Likes For rower2cyclist: