Old 05-16-19, 08:04 PM
Arthurpwiggle

Bikes: 2017 Hanjoo Metro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bakerjw
Do you have the tools to remove it? While it can be done without them, they really help.
Once you get the BB out, it will likely have some markings on it. If it is a square taper, measure the BB crank axle and look for one similar in length. I had to do that for a tandem build a few years back.
I do have the tools. I don't have a torque wrench, though the YouTube videos I've watched lead me to believe that is it unnecessary.

I'm most concerned about identifying the correct replacement part and understanding if I have an option of upgrading the part or if it's best to just stick with the same part.

Originally Posted by bakerjw
If it is a square taper, measure the BB crank axle and look for one similar in length

I keep hearing the term square taper but I'm not sure what exactly that means. Also, when you say measure the crank axel, you mean the length from where one crank arm attaches to the other, or the width of the BB casing?

I'm in Japan, and my best bet is to order online, I don't want to order the wrong part multiple times before I get to the right one.