Old 02-03-20, 12:36 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 293 Times in 216 Posts
Not a speeding ticket but...

I got pulled over a few months back for running a stop sign. The sign is right at the bottom of one of the bigger hills in my town, and if you pick a good line you can rip around a left hand corner at good speed and get a head start back up the hill on another street.

This one time I see a dark coloured truck about 50m back from the intersection and no other cars, so I go for it, nail the good line and sail through the intersection without slowing down.

Of course, the dark coloured SUV was a provincial police officer. I should mention that it was starting to get dark and I had minimal lighting on my bike, I mention it because the policeman definitely mentioned it when he pulled me over. I agreed that my move was careless, and made all the worse by my lack of good lights. Because I was very reasonable and admitted I was in the wrong he didn't give me a ticket. So the next time I wanted to run that stop sign I made sure there were no dark coloured vehicles in view, and that I had good lights on my bike.