View Single Post
Old 07-07-19, 05:17 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Iron Horse Trail Walnut Creek

I've been trying to get back up to 50-60 miles a week. Did 20 miles today on the Iron Horse Trail that runs from Pleasanton to Martinez east of the San Francisco Bay.

I like the section that runs from Peasant Hill to San Ramon. It runs through wooded areas and wooded suburban neighborhoods with lots of side trails that go up into the hills on both sides including up to Mt. Diablo.

For the past several months my 1967 Peugeot PX-10 has been my main ride. I got it back in 2007 as an all original barn bike with an extra set of clinchers. I hadn't been on it for 10 years and was getting ready to sell it. Now that I've put some miles on it again I may hang on to it.

Never got around to doing a complete overhaul and cleanup but every time I have it out, I do a little more work on it.

Recently I switched from the 27" wheels (pictured) that came with the bike to 700c wheels running 25mm tires. I also replaced the Simplex Prestige front derailleur with a NOS one, polished the Stronglight 93 cranks plus replaced the Mafac brake pads.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)