Old 09-08-19, 12:04 AM
Raptor1956

Bikes: Trek Madone 4.7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Have you thought about raising the bars? Might be an easy way to do it. Also, you can get shallow drop bars and short reach bars.
I'm getting more used to riding and am getting into better shape so I think the neck thing is a short term problem. As of a couple days ago my weight is now down to below 212lbs from 232lbs 2.5 months ago so I'm down about 20lbs or 9kg. I can definitely tell my gut is a lot less Homer Simpson and the jowls I mentioned are gone. And, as my weight has come down and my fitness has improved the issues that I experience a couple months ago a receding. With only 12lbs more to lose to hit my goal of being under 200lbs by the end of the year it's looking like I should make that milestone fairly early.

BTW, my pace has been improving slowly but I had a run tonight at 18.8mph (30.3kph) though it was a bit wind assisted -- still nice to be getting back closer to 20mph which is another milestone I'm hoping to make by year end. Until recently my intervals of higher effort were quite limited to 1/4 to 1/2 mile but I'm now doing intervals of 1.2 miles (2km) at about 20-22mph (32.2-35.4kph).

Brian