Old 09-23-19, 01:39 PM
Synack42

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by smullen
Congrats Synack42. You've definitely shown good results..

What kind of bike (style) are you riding?

I've always had an appreciation for Biking, I love all types, but wanting to get into better shape is what has really gotten me back into biking.
I started at 298, now 250ish... But I think most of my loss was due to cutting out soda, candy and most snacks and cutting back on Alcohol, more so than my riding.

My two biggest problems are the seats hurting my rear and Hills. I live in a very rural area with lots of hills and valleys...
Congrats on the weight loss. Cutting out the sugar like that was huge for me in the beginning. I just got down to 180 myself; I might try to drop a couple more pounds and start to figure out what my maintenance intake is going to work out to.

Fixing and building bikes has become a side hobby since I started riding again. ...Starting with a $30 Craigslist special pushes you to be self sufficient with repairs.

I pretty much ride 26 hardtail MTB exclusively, pavement and gravel roads. I do have a vintage 27 road bike that I converted to upright with flat bars, though a proper gravel bike with drops is starting to sound very appealing...

This is the latest build, the retro inspired rigid 26er that wants to be a gravel bike but not fully commit to 700C and drops just yet...