NoWhales
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markaitch
i plead temporary insanity

op...if you do find anyplace else selling maxway's lugged frame would you please let us (to be specific...me) in on it? a while back i searched everywhere & ended up with this from bikeisland, which arrived in really horrible shape, but i like the frame so much that i refurbished & am still riding it. never had a problem with the bb drop, it's same as a steamroller...
i remember some people attempting to buy individual frames from the company under the table but something made them change their mind i dunno i read it somewhere here on the forums. so is that frame you posted essentially the maxway/ fuji obey/ se brew frame? and concerning pedal strike what length are your cranks? i plan on 170's
Originally Posted by Kayce
I cant tell if you are a well crafted shill for Maxway, or you are just 100% set that you are going to buy one no matter what any one says.
lol, no i'm not a shill, just a broke college student trying to get something within a low budget. i'm not 100% but for the price it could be worth it.
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
I was running 170s and the only time I've ever experienced pedal strike was on that bike. Not fun.

Again, the lugged Kilo Team is only available in black, white and orange.
how bad is the pedal strike? at the moment i am running a conversion frame and so far i haven't had pedal strike not to mention am running 170's?

Originally Posted by JesusBananas
You could get any old vintage roadie for less than $200 . . .

If you will not be riding the bike on a track, why would you want track geo? I think you just answered your own question?
I do plan on taking it for a spin every now and again on the track just for shiggles. And i am running a conversion frame but that's how we all start i guess, just trying to upgrade

So after reading some of the replies, The maxway/fuji obey/se brew frame has a low slung bb which ultimately leads to pedal strike? At the moment I am not too sure on the kilo team being that it costs another hundy. In a way the track geo would be nice to have but that pedal strike really concerns me?