Old 10-16-14, 10:11 PM
theblackbullet

Bikes: I don't even

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Hida Yanra
holy smokes are you ever cramped up in there - yikes.
Get that thing longer, much longer. At least 3 cm? 4cm is probably fine, but certainly no less than 3.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't been paying much attention on the board this year), but if memory serves, you are a 3, enduro-trending-to-sprinter stuff?
What long-term goals do you have for this track racing stuff? Trying to get to some NTC races for sprints, trying to get a category upgrade, grow up to be like Carleton-the-big-flossa and set your track's record in the F200?
Are you pretty flexy? Can you generate legit power in a tight position, what happens if you bring your position up a bit - do you get a magical +30w?... asking, as many people go to the end of their possible physical positions without checking to see where the |power vs aero =speed| tradeoff actually happens.

The following advice is based on the assumption that you want your bike to work for both sprints and enduro stuff- and that you won't be doing races longer than 30' in your track position.
As a personal annecdote, this matters as I can promise you that races of +35' will make any of us rethink our track positions in a BIG way... so, yeah- there's one of my take-aways from last season

Getting more drop is tricky to figure from that photo as you are so cramped that you can't really go further down and generate any power (at least, it doesn't look like it to me). More drop may well be helpful, but this "perfect internet fitting from a single action photo" is really an art not a science.
The photo angle doesn't help much, but are you sitting pretty far back on your saddle?

I'd love to see some photos of what you look like rotated further forward on your sitzbonez- it'll lengthen your position (a positive) while getting you lower in front while opening your hip angle (double positives!!)... but theoretically changing your fit and then (re)building a custom bike around that position is a tricky proposition, no?

Anyhow- with a bit more info, I'd love to throw yet more advice of dubious quality at you.
~Cheers
cat 2 enduro trending towards sprints sound about right. not honestly sure lol My big goals for this upcoming year are focused around the 4k, scratch race, and 1k. I should surpass the current 4k local track record pretty easily next season, F200 not so much! I don't think more drop is feasible at this point. I have lost and will continue to lose a bit more weight to create some room though. Out further is where I want to be.

I'd really love to play around with a powermeter one day, but I don't currently have access to one.

I don't have many pictures with the hips rotated forward, but I do feel my aero bar position helps a bit with that.