rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2599 Post(s)
Liked 5,680 Times in 2,932 Posts
Originally Posted by CargoDane
LOL, well, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. I hedged my bet because I wasn't completely sure as I didn't find it funny.

It always amaze me the chasm there is in the US between the, shall we say "less urban" and how they feel about what they consider "the elite" ("people taking the subway = elite"l as newt gingrich said a while ago, lol).

It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between parody/irony and actual opinions in a climate like that.
From your online name we know what country you hail from. Do you Nordic ski in the winter? Was planning a trip to Denmark last summer to tour, but you know the story.

I have lived all up and down the west coast from L.A., Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Eugene to Seattle. I have lived in small towns, university towns and back to the rural hinterlands where I live now. There are cows, horses, chickens, meth houses, trailer houses, an incarcerated mass murderer less than a quarter mile away. In my community the chasm you speak about is alive and well. There are farmers, blue collar hard working people and Microsoft millionaires (not me) and everyone in between. So we have the educated elite (no subways and salt of the earth folks which make this community run. Hopefully after the election controversy is completely finished, we can all peacefully coexist and get back to just plain living like before and not stereotype and name call which only keeps wounds open longer. TMI, right?