Old 09-21-16, 02:55 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Koogar
1) I wonder if Velocity as a company would want to adopt that position, if they understood that potentially means 175 psi and they're dependent on someone else's specifications. You got a tech's (hopefully informed) response, not an engineering specification.

2) Not everyone is going to use Deep Vs.

3) No surprise tire makers would see a competitive advantage to advertising higher pressures - they're not on the hook if the rim fails. What matters is the lesser of the tire and rim.

4) But most importantly, I worry that not everyone will treat something they read here about tire pressure as specific to a certain track wheel setup. A number of Mavic and Zipp clinchers (including the comete road, super-9, 404, 808...) are rated for 110-125 psi. There is an aviation saying about operating an aircraft outside of its limitations: you may get away with it, but you should understand that you're now an unpaid test pilot.

If you're just trying to construct a specific exception to what I wrote, go ahead and have at it. But if by posting a bunch of tire specs and relating a conversation you mean for people to generalize that it's okay to just blindly pump clinchers up to the tire's max pressure, it's bad advice.
Really, man?