View Single Post
Old 08-29-19, 09:09 AM
Newspaper_Nick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 48 Posts
I experienced a similar situation as the OP yesterday. The guy was coming from behind, honking all the way, so he obviously saw me. I knew something fishy was going on so i just swerved to the very corner of the road and this idiot almost "licked" my left arm at high speed. If i wasn't right near the end of the road (almost falling to the banquet i should say), i could probably be in a hospital or a grave right now. The guy actually steered left and got back into his own lane after he passed me by. So it was a deliberate attempt on my life. He probably though he gave me a good scare.

If you are living in civilized European country where laws are practiced and offenders are punished, you should consider yourselves lucky. "The end of civility" doesn't sound so scary to me. I wish that was our only problem here. No civility is something that you can deal with. No civility does not kill you. It could maybe ruin your day at most. But when you have no legality, people start to act upon their primal instincts. Every time I finish a ride, I feel like I pulled the lever of a slot machine and hit the jackpot, "each and every time". That is how lucky i consider myself on the road.