View Single Post
Old 10-19-19, 05:51 PM
wyd

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Roll Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 31 Posts
My new Roll Elite came in on Friday like my dealer said it would and they had it ready for pickup by 2pm. When I finally made it to the shop and I walked in and saw the bike I was like wow that's pretty cool looking and those big tires look awesome. In person the bike really something a little different for sure. Took a quick spin around the parking lot and made an adjustment or but would need more. Loaded it up and took it home. When I got home I put my SHimano M324 clipless pedals on, my water bottle on, my riding light, computer and Ergon 4 grips. Made some more adjustments to my handlebars, shifters and brakes. Took it out for a small ride and those things where all dialed in. Now for the seat. I tried a few different setups with it but my rear didn't seem to like it (I might mess with it more since I have everything else setup and feeling good. I put on my Serfas Air Lift seat and wow felt much better to me so for now I'm sticking with that seat. I did read a little about the suspension seat post not being to great and not working to well. I did loosen up the spring holder so when I sit it sags about 1/3 or the travel down. I used a zip tie around the post and would sit and see where the zip tie was so help set the travel. Worked great for me and overall the suspension seat post feels good to me. Took about a 2 mile ride at 1am on Friday night after all the settings where done and overall felt really good. Sat morning comes aroung and I end up riding the local rail trail and doing 23 miles with a friend today. Great ride and The Roll was awesome. I come home and do a few things and then I went out around my area and did another 7 miles so overall I did 30.12 miles. First time ever riding 30 miles in a day. Previous longest mileage done in a day for me was 25 on my Crosstrail. Overall I'm glad I got the Roll Elite. Really going to be a fun bike for me.
Likes For wyd: