Old 06-11-20, 10:00 AM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I've found some negative reviews now,but I am taking it with a grain of salt thinking that I have done the same with every product I ever tried to review online. I'm about afraid of Carbon and I thought Titanium was the answer but it seems that they may fail just as often. I really need a bike to last as I will blow all my cycling money for a long time if I get this Lynskey. I have made an appointment to go ride it and will likely buy it,, but I'm not nearly as sure that it will be a once in a lifetime bike as I was before just because the more I learn about titanium the more concerned I become,but I don't know if it's just a case of being able to find bad reports if you look enough because of my tendency to over research any purchase. I have been told that the Ultegra DT and the KOGEL BB, only has 500 miles on them. It also has an ENVE carbon fork and carbon bars and seat post. Also Kysrium wheels. 58cm and 17lbs I was told. Yea,I'm trying to talk myself into it and likely won't hold back unless I get a consensus that it will break after a couple years.LOL
Barring trauma, there’s pretty much nothing that can go wrong with a Ti frame except weld failure (and that’s rare), and the best way to minimize that risk is to buy a frame built by an established and experienced builder who knows how to weld. Using that logic, I bought a Lynskey-built Litespeed frame sight-unseen on eBay ~16 years ago. It has >50,000 miles under my 185 lb arse and still perfect. Lynskeys are at the upper end of Ti builders and, between Litespeed and Lynskey, have arguably built more high-end TI frames than any other manufacturer. If there’s no obvious sign of trauma or abuse, a Lynskey is as sound a used purchase as you can get
Likes For Litespud: