Old 10-11-20, 10:17 PM
marcoguzm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I bought one.

Originally Posted by RH Clark
I have a possible opportunity to trade for a Lynskey Premier with full Ultegra DT. I can't find a lot of info so far on these frames so I was basically wanting to know how well people think of them and their general quality compared to a Lightspeed. Sorry for the newby question but I am doing my best to learn and progress as a cyclist and this opportunity came about as I am rather lacking on Titanium knowledge. The bike is in my size and I do ride a lot,just lots heavier bikes.

Last year, in August, I bought a Linskey Premier frameset, and put parts from an Iron Horse Victory with Scandium tubes that had broken. I had to buy some parts too. It has a mixture of parts: Dura Ace and Ultegra shifters, ultegra brakes, sora front derailleur, XT rear derailleur, XT rear cassette (11-34, 9 speed), Spa Cycles crankset 46/33, XTR pedals, Hunt Aero Wheelset, Omni Ti bottom bracket. It's a delightful bike, very good for climbing, good in the flats, I enjoy it very much, it's been with me for more than a year. Basically, it's a Mosaic Cycles RT2...with some minor differences. Mine is 56 cm, I'm 5'10", around 155 lb.

If that bike fits you, you'll enjoy it a lot...it has an adventure/endurance geometry. So, if you can get a full Ultegra, it can be a good deal. The tubes look strong enough, good welding. It was sold only in 2019. The only problem that I had was a bent and broken rear derailleur hanger two months after I built it. I got a pair, very good ones from a Canadian brand.

Marco.