Old 01-23-21, 08:15 PM
marcoguzm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Linskey Premier

Originally Posted by rossiny
I to am looking at a used Lynskey Premier. Any info would be appreciated, the last new bike I bought was a 1980s Rossin, with camp super record. What is adventure /endurance geometry?? . I am older and looking for comfort, possible road and gravel. I do have a vintage Paramount , and Trek mountain bike both steel which can do gravel , but probably nit suited to longer road rides. Can this double as a light touring bike, , not camping just touring ?? Thanks
ps , what's a fair price in a used one , low miles ?
An adventure/endurance geometry is more relaxed than a typical road racing geometry. So, you can have longer rides, and not get beaten up by the distance, time, and the road. This bike doesn't have rack o mudguards mounts, so it's use as a light touring bike would be limited. But, you can have long rides, and enjoy it very much. It's designed for tarmac roads, good or bad...but not for gravel. I've used in some short gravel roads, but my tires 25C are not good for that purpose. It can take 28C tires.
I don't have a good idea about a fair price. I paid 1,250 for the frameset, with an Enve Carbon fork, in August 2019. It was only sold that year by Linskey. If it has an Ultegra, 1,500 USD would be a good price for me...you've got to think also in the quality of the wheelset.
Good luck!
​​​​​​​Marco.