I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
John wrote a book about that almost 50 years ago, (still selling 7 editions later) and practiced it long before that. It seems pretty obvious that you (and starkmojo based on everything in his post) don't have a beef with actual VC techniques as much as you do with certain VC proponents. Oh well.
There are plenty of reasons to beef about the more zealous and strident Vehicular Cycling proponents, especially those who quote John Forester's allegedly scientific crash studies to substantiate his mantra that cyclists “fare best when they act and are treated as drivers of vehicles.”

The fact remains that there are no credible safety studies of any group of cyclists who have been identified as routinely practicing most or all of the so-called Vehicular Cycling techniques, regardless of where the cyclists learned the techniques. There remains no credible studies that evaluated the bicycling safety record (good, bad or indifferent) of any group of cyclists that have been identified as Vehicular Cyclists (no matter how they learned about these techniques) nor if they really "fare best."

Rather than rehash the VC hash all over again, anyone who would like a refresher on the subject of beefs about Vehicular Cycling bunk can go to BF Thread debunking Forester
Likes For I-Like-To-Bike: