Old 02-15-19, 11:30 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by suncruiser
I'm honestly working toward going car lite, don't think I'm going to accomplish it by this summer due to heat and the fact we are expecting another little one in the worst of summer. My district and vaya will do me fine for a bit, the Big Dummy is kinda something I'm saving for at the moment. Besides, it accomplishes another facet: I can do full loaded self supported touring on it.

I looked at the Haul-A-Day but it just doesn't do it for me... Aesthetic plays a large part of my choices and I simply can't get myself to like the HAD
Take your time going car lite, like I said it's not a race. You'll know what fits and when. And nothing is better than getting your kids started on biking from an early age. My son, now 31, has never owned a car and rides 50 miles a day minimum on weekends and 20 every night after work, has 2 bikes in his apartment. I used to ride with him til I got too slow, haha. As for the HAD, I'm a big Bike Friday fan (I own some) but I totally get the aesthetics part. Funny how I never had that "car love" so many people do have, but I can lust after bicycles, lol.