I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by PoorInRichfield
Are you still able to ride in an aero position?...
As a rider ages, he/she often migrates more towards the Position 5, gradually replacing one's aero road bike with a more leisure bike that allows for a very up-right and very un-aerodynamic riding position...This makes me sad (I.e., it makes me sad that people feel obligated to by recreational bicycles instead of race bikes due to the stiffness and muscle loss that is a part of aging.)
The short answer: No and I am not sad that I or others ride in a non areo position
I am glad that I am mentally flexible enough to adapt my cycling technique to the associated aches, pains and/or limitations that may accompany the aging process and can continue to enjoy bicycling even if not with the same intensity of younger years.

I never felt any sadness about buying or riding bicycles strictly for recreation, and have never felt any obligation to buy race bikes or ride in an areo position.

Nor do I feel sad if other bicyclists are able to adapt their cycling technique/equipment to their physical conditions in order to keep enjoying bicycling.
Likes For I-Like-To-Bike: