Old 05-03-19, 03:28 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 975 Times in 798 Posts
Originally Posted by BobG
They just say Schwalbe "The Original" Marathon 700x32. From the ACA catalog, maybe the HS 420 640g? A lot fatter than a Continental 32. To be honest I didn't give them a fair shake. I took them off after one day I hated them so! Love the Gatorskins even though they may be more prone to flats.

https://www.adventurecycling.org/cyc...rathon-hs-420/

edit: I'm restricted to local day rides now due to health issues. If I still did extended paved/gravel tours like indyfabz I'd use more than a Gatorskin but perhaps less than a Schwalbe. So Spinnaker, yes I do swap tires for different conditions.
ya, the 420 is the regular old marathon. Mine are the 26x1.5 and like I said, they are fine to me, ride reasonably well at reasonable pressures and have lasted for a heck of a long time.

I've only used 700x28 Gatorskins, have gone through numerous sets, and have had the same flat avoidance as with most of my tires, ie I tend to get a flat per season, but can go seasons with no flats.
I like them, and would go 32 , but the bike that has them is my nearly always unloaded bike, or maybe one small pannier, so its fun to have the 28s and ride faster than my other bikes. I do however use lower pressures than most people probably, and like how a small lower change makes the ride more comfortable and better cornering.