Old 01-17-17, 10:03 AM
sh00k

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
The One Boro bike tour is back! If you never rode it before, do it.

However, its really only a tour of Manhattan as you see almost nothing of the Bronx. The Queens and Brooklyn section are highways only. The Staten Island section covers just the tip and that's all.

You can see the same thing for free by riding your bike from Battery Park all the way to the tip of central park using bike lanes.

It sold out so you'll have to buy your vest on Craigs list. Unless you want to spend $340 dollars for VIP! I can't believe the even is now $100.00 dollars for what you can do for free.
I absolutely respect your opinion but i feel the $100 is for the experience. I absolutely agree that you can do the ride on your own for free but, for me, i find value in paying $100 and to be able to ride on very famous/crazy busy streets/highways in the city with absolutely zero car traffic. as it is now, i dont ride on the road - i only ride bike paths and my neighborhood loop which has almost no car traffic.

for a more serious rider, you are right, you barely touch the boroughs so whoever wants to explore them in detail can do that on their own. for the casual rider like me that was born and raised in nyc, im fine with the route as it is