Old 09-08-18, 10:19 AM
bikingman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
The problem is two-fold. It's likely that having oxy acetylene in a house or attached garage is not covered by homeowners and is probably not allowed by local ordinance. My gas supplier now makes me sign a waiver saying I know it's not safe to transport gasses in my vehicle. I have heard that some gas supply places will not allow you to transport in an enclosed vehicle. Not sure if that is a state regulation or what. I'm almost positive that my gas supplier will not deliver to a residential address. When I tried to rent larger tanks, they wouldn't do it. I have the largest tanks I could buy.

The last acetylene tank I got was leaking pretty quickly. It was a little scary. Fortunately, they exchanged it without question. Customer in front of me got acetylene and threw (literally threw) the tank loose in the back of his truck. It's guys like him that are driving stricter regulation. I have been in the same building (the infamous Trek red barn) as an acetylene explosion, and it's something I still remember. That is not a small building, and the whole thing shook.
hm, this is important. I'll look into this for my area and have conversations with local suppliers. Given your observations with the loose tanks in trucks, maybe better to consider a OP setup for that reason alone... Wonder if oxy tanks are treated similarly.. Huge thanks.