View Single Post
Old 04-29-20, 07:33 PM
justonwo

Bikes: 2020 Pinarello Dogma F12 Disc (Enve SES 3.4), 2021 S-Works Aethos (Roval Alpinist CLX II), 2024 Topstone Lab71 (Terra CLX II), 2006 Cervelo Soloist (10 speed Ultegra), 2021 S-Works Epic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 34 Posts
Don’t obsess too much over the data unless you’re doing a structured workout and need to target a specific area. I only use cadence as a general indication of whether I’m mashing (RPM less than 80), spinning, or running at high RPM. I target 90 for the most part, but not to the point of paying much attention to it.

Of all the metrics I track, heart rate and power are the most important. If I’m doing a really long ride, I know how much time I can spend in each zone. If I’m training and targeting tempo, threshold, VO2 max, etc, heart rate and power are invaluable. I also use my computer to track my gears, which is a nice feature.

I don’t track speed at all, except that I generally hope my speed increases over time.

What you track and how closely you watch it depends entirely on what your goals are as a cyclist.
Likes For justonwo: