Old 06-22-20, 09:28 PM
NatusEstInSuht

Bikes: 1970's Piasentin Super Vitus 971, 1979 Carlton Professional, 2005 Trek 5000, 2011 Niner EMD, 2018 Argon 18 XRoad, 1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 55 Posts
1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

Here's my addition to this thread, a 1990 63-64 cm or 25" Diamondback Master TG Centurion. I doubt I'll be keeping it for long, however, as the frame is way, way too big for me.

The backstory on this is that my father - for some reason as it's also far too large for him - purchased this bike about 10 years ago and it pretty sat untouched in my parents' garage since then. About a week ago, I was visiting my folks and was helping them clean out the garage. I asked my dad what he was going to do with the bike and he said that he would 'get rid of it'.

Well, I volunteered to take it off his hands, so I stripped it down so I could transport it back home six hours away in my VW Golf. The handlebars were slightly bent and dinged-up and the chain had rust on it, so into the recycling bin they went. The tires were dry rotted and the brake pads rock solid, so off they came. What was left of a Cateye computer (just the wiring) went into the garbage along with the saddle as it had seen better days. But overall, the frame and fork are in excellent condition for 30-year of age and I'm impressed with the Made in Japan quality. I love the paint job and wish the frame was in my size as I would gladly keep it and ride it.

I have plans for the Shimano 105 groupset (minus to too long 175mm crankset) and Mavic 190 FB wheelset - that's why the frame is pretty much stripped. I'll most likely post the frame for sale or trade here in the forum in the near future.

Enjoy!

1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion Tange OS

1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion Chainstays

1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion Front

1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion Headtube

1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion Fork

1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion WSI Inc, Camarillo, California

1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion Avenir Tange OS Decal

Last edited by NatusEstInSuht; 06-22-20 at 09:36 PM.
Likes For NatusEstInSuht: