Old 07-03-20, 07:38 AM
xroadcharlie

Bikes: 2018 Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 95 Posts
I've found the best value in most consumer products is not the least expensive option. Certainly not the expensive models for most cyclists. We can spend US $700 - $5,000+ on a Giant road bike for example if we want speed. I'd think their $1,500 Contend AR 1 is perhaps their best value road bike. Its looks comfortable, Fast and has very good parts. I think you'll find the same with other brands if you compare features on different models.

Same principle holds true for comfort and hybrid bikes, but in the $400 - 2,000 range. I think you'll find that for a few dollars more then entry level we can get a better bike that is worth the higher price.

Of course this all depends on how much we have to spend. For those that have been blessed with some extra cash, Like an old friend who sold a very successful auto repair business and retired, His $7,000 road bike might be the best value. For a student who needs a reliable bike to get to the campus, Perhaps a simple Walmart hybrid with rim brakes and no suspension forks (the cheap ones bad IMO) would be fine, Or a used bike in good shape locally.

Last edited by xroadcharlie; 07-03-20 at 08:17 AM.