holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
So what's the logic of drawing the attention of someone driving the opposite direction across the street from me?

Also, that's the kind of non-disprovable assertion people make when they have a weak argument.

My logic on this is very simple-a flashing red light during the day may or may not have a beneficial effect, but it won't do any harm. A white strobe bright enough to be seen in daylight is also going to be bright enough to be disorienting at close rsnge. As a bicyclist, I only care about the cars near me, so I don't strobe, ever.
Drivers coming from the opposite direction might try to overtake a car in front of them and might hit you, there can be a crossing and they might hit you, they may be even willing to park their car on the opposite side... and hit you. How on earth can you be saying there is no danger from cars coming from the opposite direction ?
Besides, what exactly is a non-disprovable assertion and which argument is weak ?

A solid white light in daytime or a slow blink probably can't do harm, so knock yourself out.
Likes For holytrousers: