View Single Post
Old 02-20-19, 07:45 AM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
Border Collie or Australian Shepard or a mix of the two. Born to "go" and very smart. I do 8-10 mile hikes with friends that have one of each. Both are nearly as fresh at the end of the hike as at the beginning..and they run..non-stop the entire time. While I have a Golden..a smaller, more compact dog will have more stamina. Both dogs mentioned are fast on their feet..sort of like a cattle-cutting horse..hopefully they could stay out of your way on a bike.

High energy dogs can drive you nuts if you don't give them regular & sufficient exercise day after day after day.... It's a real life-style commitment..you can likely find one as a rescue as people give up on them. Both of the hiking dogs above were rescued. The shepherd mix(black-white) was found abandoned in the north woods..as best as anyone can figure(from sightings), he was left to fend for himself in the winter for nearly a month..he's about 11 months old. He's doing fine now..has a few rough edges than need tuning up, but he hangs close off leash. Good dog.

I have shared my home with many different breeds of dogs, including Chow-chows, Akitas, German Shepherds and plain, old loveable mutts.

To date, the smartest dog I’ve ever shared a home with was an Australian Shepherd.

She was smart, quick to learn and to figure out things, great with the kids and a fantastic companion. Man, I miss her.
Likes For eja_ bottecchia: