Old 06-06-19, 11:08 AM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by DMNHCAGrandPrix
Are you hands on the lower drop-in extensions when you get that "pushed by angels" feeling? Could be very different wrist angle, but I wonder if you are also now more bent at waist from having hands lower in front. More waist bend when standing -> more activation of hip extensors -> more angels to help with climb?

(Like bending forward to help stand up from a chair.)
Not in the drops at all, but clutching the brifter hoods, as in the above photo. To be perfectly honest, I don't spend a lot of time down in those drop-ins, as much as the inward curve at the bottom; it's a very comfortable and very secure spot that the base of the thumb muscle naturally falls in to. (Turns out that's called the "thenar eminence".)

Originally Posted by crank_addict
Rare to find, Modolo made a copy of these bars but with the top radius more like a criterium bar. Also stiffer than the Scott drop-in.

Regrets I gave them away along with a LeMond.
Any idea what they were called? Google's got nothing.
These Nitto/Specialized bars aren't perfectly aligned like the Scott Drop-Ins are, bur those Scotts were just too noodly and I removed them immediately after two hours. Horrifying to watch those bar-ends rotate around each other, flexing more than an inch away from each other; and it's not like I'm torquing those bars very hard.