Old 07-04-19, 05:22 PM
ocsawdust

Bikes: 85 botteccia, 85 mcmahn tiatainium, 90 something trek clyde, early 70s schwinn tandem single speed, early 90s gary fisher aquila (the daily rider now!)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Get the bike your most comfortable with. Price is a pretty big part of the "comfortable" angle. If your on the boards asking if it's ok for "x" amount of weight carrying I think it's kinda safe for me to assume your not the type to go out there and pound a bike till it breaks. You'd be saying something like " that broke fast" or " that lasted longer than I expected".

I have trailers to use for things and the last number of years my bikes have morfed into a comfortable smart riding bikes that can carry a little something at all times. I have racks for the front and rear and frame mount and seaport as well. I was on the lookout for a small to medium sized basket for years because I really didn't like the size of a wald, unless I needed that much space. Then one day I was in a rei store and spotted the yeti cooler baskets on a shelf that were sold separately and my search ended. They came in a 10x 10 size or 12x 12 size square both 3" high. Not huge and overwhelming in size to always have on the bike. Also noticed other coolers have baskets or I think they may be called "trays" in different shapes and sizes. I always have something on the bike these days if only to carry bike lock. Since cables really suck ( take your pack cable cutters to an old cable and see for yourself how easy they cut) and chains weigh so much the basket gets to carry it. Also found that the chalk bags the climbers use work great for the locks, they sinch up nice and tight.