View Single Post
Old 10-13-18, 02:14 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
I'm a natural introvert. No problem there. They need to shoot someone to Mars for five years solo, I'm the man for that job. My social life costs me $0.00 & 9/10. Same amount I pay for gasoline. I managed 4 business Facebook accounts but never had a personal account other than a facade to give me access to the business accounts. I feel sorry for people who need constant contact with friends and relatives. Best thing about my relatives - they are all dead. Friends, I have two and ignore both. My wife gets what attention I have to offer.
I'm going to try to say this in a non-religious way so I don't provoke moderation: Humans interact with each other because we are living things and there is natural affinity to do so. Such natural affinity isn't limited to human-human interaction. Pets can be (much) better friends than humans. If having a pet doesn't work in your life for whatever reason, though, there are other ways to experience loving friendship/companionship. People made fun of pet rocks but watch Tom Hanks' performance opposite a volleyball in Castaway and tell me it doesn't move you emotionally. The emotionality of sociality and love is inherent within us and will manifest by/through whatever means available. The more you are at peace with your inner capacity for love, the more that will manifest in various social relationships and when it becomes too much for comfort, you just withdraw and recenter yourself. Sorry if this sounds new agey or religious or otherwise offends you but I think it is important to remember that we are social beings regardless of whether we are engaged in external/extrovert interactions or whether we are reclusive and introverted. The important thing is to accept inner peace and love that comes from within.