View Single Post
Old 07-29-20, 01:17 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10443 Post(s)
Liked 11,920 Times in 6,104 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
The bars probably have shorter reach than the olde ones, which will definitely put you more upright. I'm surprised that the Highway One isn't in the What Bars? database. Unfortunately the Cinelli isn't in there either, but that's not as much of a surprise.

https://whatbars.com
Yes, 75mm vs 90mm. As I look at them from a distance, I think they're at the right place on the bar, but the bar should be level at the bottom instead of pointed at the rear brake. Basically I set them up the way I set up the Nerve, which didn't compensate for the shorter reach. The brakes were SLIGHTLY harder to get to than I'd like, but rotating should take care of that. I'll see how far I can drop the stem and stay comfy.

OH, and I routed the shift cables across the top of the brifters and then along the front, instead of around back as I'd done with the dual-grooved Nerves, and even though it was a real pain to get the cables run properly - and wrapped with electrical tape from the brifters nearly to the end of the tape area, it was worth it The tops are much more comfy now. Cables in back is dumb.

EDIT: When I say, "As I look at them from a distance", I mean it. This is the first chance I had to look at them from more than about 8 feet since I put it all together!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles