Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,939 Times in 1,384 Posts
Originally Posted by ryan_rides
I think I got this injury from the gym. I can leg press a lot. The Youfit that I went to before this pandemic; the leg press machine maxed out at 630lbs. I went over that by adding 2 more 45lb plates on top. I was able to rep like 4 times but i dont think that was the cause. I think it was me being dumb and trying to do faster reps at 630lbs. I remember my legs accidently locking during that and it was already towards then back end of my workout. Like I said before, I haven't got my back checked out yet but I really think I have something wrong with ym lower back that's pressing against the nerve, Thank you all for giving me advice. The stretching has been helping and I do agree that strengthening my back and core would help.
The key to no-injury leg sledding is never letting your back round or your shorts' waistband come off the back rest. I see people all the time bringing their thighs right down to their chest and thus rounding their back like crazy. I haven't used the sled for some time, but when I was ~60 and 145, I could sled ~700 1 RM.