View Single Post
Old 05-15-09, 11:40 AM
woodenidol

Bikes: Schwinn Madison, Schwinn Tempo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I rode my commute today, to be sure I could get up the second of two hills (Before this I probably called them rises, lol). I did, though I had to be carefull not to go past that thresh hold where I start to hyperventilate. I would say I echo JDCowboy's sentiments that when it happens, its uncomfortable and a bit scary. Never before when I was a wrestler, runner or racing the bike, have I had this feeling. Sure lots of times you go over that thresh hold, and have to catch your breath, but it comes back fast, or did. lol.

Im struggling on technique now. I have always relied on Aerobic capacity rather than strength for climbing. I rarely stay seated from the easiest to the steepest climbs, I just was always happy to expend more aerobic energy than rely on muscling up, or spinning up hills. The next couple months should tell if I do indeed have to lower my gearing. I cringe at the thought, as spinning up hills in very low gears wears on me mentally.

Well, enough whinning for now, I better go get a hamburger and shake, errr, banana and bran muffin I meant. smile