J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Aging sucks! I haven't lost any height but I have lost flexibility. So while I can still ride all my old bicycles without any change in saddle position, the favourite riders have trended towards slightly shorter stems with higher positions. Brifters are also a lot more comfortable than down tube shifters and dual pivot brakes give good braking, despite diminishing grip strength. Indexing solves the worries about being accused of "grinding coffee" when the hearing has deteriorated from decades of wind noise. I won't even get into the gearing changes. However, the biggest inconvenience is the deterioration in eyesight. I can't read my bicycle computer without reading glasses, which means I can't wear sunglasses unless they're those ugly grandpa style or I pony up the big bucks for prescription. Ugh, I may have to buy a helmet visor! Or maybe I could develop a magnifying lens to fit over bicycle computers. Hmmm.
Y'know brother, I think you should just give all your bikes to me. I'll buy you a decent massage and a spa visit. Relax knowing that your bikes will be well-loved and cared-for.