Old 11-18-20, 07:14 AM
ARider2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellowlab
Great news on the quick turnaround! I understand fully the feeling of not being able to fix something myself and having to give in to a pro. I am in the opposite situation right now. I am fixing a bike that two bike shops said could not be fixed. I punched a rather sizeable hole in the tube of a practically brand new Aluminium Specialized Allez. I am waiting to get to 10 posts so I can start a thread where I can post pictures and get the opinion of others regarding the integrity of the fix. It is a copy cat fix from a video I found on YouTube of a retired Navy Engineer repairing aluminium with carbon. In the current bike shortage I was not able to find a replacement for the bike nor did I want to considering this bike is for the trainer this winter and again, is basically brand new hardly having been ridden. The cost for the materials for the fix was less than $50. Congrats again on the quick turn around
I imagine a bike shop would refuse to repair a frame that they may be found liable for if it failed in the future. Some jobs are just not worth the liability that may be incurred for taking on a risky job.