View Single Post
Old 04-14-21, 07:56 AM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
I’ve used mirrors for many years and generally speaking, almost never ride without one. The ones I’ve used have all been the plastic/composite type. I’ve had issues (on several) with one of the three clips that allow mounting to the temples of my eye pro frames breaking off. Rather than scrap them, I’ve punched holes into the lower edge of the helmet and glued the remaining clips into the helmet foam. Seems to work fairly well .
I’m liking the metal construction of the “Take-A-Look” mirror and may order one today.
I have used the type of mirror that mounts to the bike before but find them lacking. I do have one that mounts on the top tube up near the head tube and pretty much looks straight back at the seat post. It’s a convex mirror tho so it kinda looks “around” the the seat post. It gives a surprisingly good view to the rear! The main drawback is that the mounting system isn’t very secure and it tends to move out of adjustment easily. I suppose I could make it more stable but it’s a bit more of a novelty than a true asset. Mirrors that are positioned up nearer to my eye (either helmet or glasses mount) seem to work best for me .