I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
I have been told that I am a little too nice on the bike by ride partners when it comes to encountering others so I don't worry about that.

My issue is that when I pass a fellow cyclist NICELY, they freak out and have no idea what is going on at times. Like they have never heard a bell or onyerleft before. Yes, I say, "howyoudoing?" and greet them with a smile when I pass.

Yes, I can see your eye and I'm sure others can as well. Starting with the body language. Really appreciate considerate cyclists such as yourself, sharing the road with others. You'd be surprised to learn then, that others can see your eye in the mirror. Starts with the body language. One can tell when a cyclist acknowledges the other. It starts with the head movement. I can tell he heard me, adjusted his head to get me in his mirror, then yes, I see the eyes in the small rectangle types.
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Yes, I mentioned that. But still, they do not acknowledge my presence but often look around like they're lost rather then looking back as if to allow other riders to pass safely. If someone is using their mirrors properly, you can see their eyes in the mirror. Many, way too many do not have them set up correctly. I think many of them use it as a fashion thing.
Your "issue" is your expectation that every rider you intend to pass should physically and/or verbally acknowledge your presence.