Old 08-01-19, 01:19 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by velomateo
DD, really enjoying your Bianchi resto. I had one of similar age a long time ago. Same fork crown, no chrome on the lugs and circled B’s on the seat stays and down tube lug. Mine also came with panto seat post and 3ttt stem.
You may be familiar already, being a fellow Navy man, but that Zumwalts price tag places that bike in San Diego (at least the bars) at some point. The Zumwalts had a shop on University Ave in North Park for many years.
Thank you! I was looking at completed items on Ebay last night to see what's been going on with vintage Bianchi stuff and came across a neat frame with the same details as you outlined above - the color of the decals and circled B's and whatnot was red, but otherwise the same. I think these frames were all built similarly with SL and finished just a tad differently (more chrome on the top two) and of course outfitted with slightly different component levels.

I was not aware of Zumwalt's in San Diego. I only spent time there for basic training for about 7 months and found my go-to shop on Coronado Island. But I was wondering where the shop was that provided the bar, so thank you for providing that info

DD