View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 09:48 AM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
I have been known to hang out at my local bike shop as it is 25 miles away from my house while the next nearest bike shop is over 60 miles away.

I also have formed a relationship with the owner and his son so that they don't try and sell me items that won't work under my weight.

I have purchased four bikes from them since 2013 and had them do almost all of my maintenance other than the tire change and lube jobs.

The owner's son invited me to his wedding, and I gave him a photograph printed on metal of he and his bride's kiss. I also give them growlers of beer at time, and they have been know to share other drinks with me.

I try to buy most of my bike parts from them, but occasionally due to getting a zero interest deal on my Amazon card I do go the online shopping route.

My local bike shop also has group rides twice a week during the spring summer and fall and we do trainer sessions twice a week in the winter. I jump on my smart trainer at my house and log into the route they will be riding and ride with the group that way while others are physically at the shop.