hybridbkrdr
we be rollin'

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
Mountain bike.. 26", 27.5(650B), 29er.
Well, I think you're trying to say it's somewhat available already but not really. For getting groceries, I really also want a front rack as well as a rear rack (and fenders). Mountain bikes with suspension forks kind of make things a bit complicated, first in the way you can attach a front rack, second, in the way you can attach a front fender.

I'd like to make a side note to this as well. I've certainly seen electric bikes with tires like the Kenda Kwick seven.5 or Schwalbe Super Moto X (or BigBen etc.). But these styles I suspect can be kind of soft in corners if they're not highly inflated. I kind of like the Kenda Drumlin or Michelin Cross Max kind of tire that seems more rigid. I've tried the Michelin Cross Max and found it to be excellent on my touring bike at 42mm wide (the 40c model). Unfortunately, I have to switch those out because they rub on the rear fender. Also, the pattern design of the Cross Max seems to give like a "road buzz". I think something like the pattern of a Schwalbe Range Cruiser is nice (although I found the Range Cruiser to be too tight on my Rhyno Lite rims even though those were several years ago so they may have changed since then since I find the Schwalbe Land Cruiser I find is a medium-fitting tire).