View Single Post
Old 05-06-21, 06:59 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,912 Times in 1,142 Posts
Finally getting back to this build. The spring rush for golf kept me away for a while doing the work that pays the bills. But I have made a decision about the wheels. I found a pair of non damaged MA40's at the co-op that were were built for training bikes for the little five hundred for women. No nicks or rim damage so they have won the rim position for this build. I had to go to the part stash and pick out hubs and they are Record low flange that have been refurbished and are ready for the build. I went to my go to parts source for spokes (Cycles 365) and they tried to scare me into next week when I found that almost all DT spokes were out of stock! I found two boxes of the right size for the rear wheel and I will have to re-calculate for the front wheel and hope to find the right sizes for that build. If I can get clearance for 25c wide tires I will put some Conti Grand Prix 4 tires on the build. If not, it looks like I will have to break into the stash of Vitoria kevlar 19c's. So it will have that look that Riddle of Steel thinks will "pop".
I will put on a set of 64/40 Cinelli bars on a 1A stem. The bar tape treatment will be like I did for the RAAM bikes. One wrap of white foam tape with a mesh of the skiving so it is seamless and then the overwrap with white Benotto for the final outer wrap. The brakes have been reconditioned and the SR will be correct for the build.
I am leaning toward white cables and a white Turbo saddle to complete the look for this build. An interesting aside is that the SR seat post had been Heli-coiled and to repair it to functional I was able to use a stainless hex head bolt. It will not be Campy correct but much more functional. When I can get my junk camera I will post pictures and continue the Blair Witch photos for your entertainment. Ben since I am using the rims from a little five practice bike I think your "Mooch" jersey should be proudly posted in this thread. Smiles, MH