Old 05-08-17, 02:02 PM
maeby

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aaalright I think this is the right thread to post my question... in short, I'm looking for a 26" rigid front fork, 1" threaded headset... WITH disc brake mounts!!!
and I'm starting to think that doesn't exist.

The long version is: I got a mid 80's mtb for free off of craigslist and threw on an 80cc Chinese suicide machine, had an absolute blast, but yeah nearly killed myself... twice. first ride the (probably original, yeah I know) tire fell off. Third ride the rear rim started resembling a washing machine with a brick in it, rendering the rear brake useless. Not that it did much anyway because of all the oil spitting out of the engine. fourth time one of the bolts for the engine mount fell off, engine tilted to the side and the drive chain got in the spokes. Seriously, it was a lot of fun... so now I have mag rims off of ebay, that might hold the weight a little better, but I have to upgrade to disc brakes. anybody I ask usually says not to weld to the frame and brazing wont hold the forces soo... any ideas. buying a new frame usually just brings its own set of problems, mainly that the engine never fits