View Single Post
Old 04-11-19, 04:09 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts

So I have been using the Bianchi to commute on. I put the Specialized Power saddle on it and replaced the stock a** hatchet. LOL I am feeling comfortable with the 90mm stem which was stock. Tho I had Lisa at The Unlikely Cyclist put a different one on than the one that it came with. I was going to have her replace the stock crap brakes with my Ultegra brakes that were on the Madone. But I forgot two pieces needed in my parts box so I'm still dealing with the crappy brakes that don't stop all that well. I hope I never have to stop in a panic quickly because these brakes won't do it. I put flat pedals on it and am riding in my sneakers instead of clipping in for my 6 mile commute (each way). I tried wearing my liners under shorts but quickly went back to my bibs as I hate how shorts roll on me. I may rethink putting a rack on the Bianchi but for now back pack is doing trick. My shoulder is still healing and I definitely feel certain movements painfully. Pulling on the bars after stopping at a light to get going is one that is slightly uncomfortable so have been sitting and powering thru with pedals instead of standing and pulling on the bars to help develop momentum. I will be eventually also replacing the stock bars with bars that are on my Emonda (when I finally get around to putting my carbon bars on it).

Outside office

Inside - my bike has a better cubicle than I do. Haha

Good shot of saddle

On overpass over 605

Last edited by Beachgrad05; 04-11-19 at 04:27 PM.