Old 05-27-19, 03:04 AM
annabanananana

Bikes: For now whatever friends give me or whatever looks good at the dump. Will update.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
First, I'd love to see what a "daft handlebar" does!! And comfo
Haha well people seem to agree the flared drops made sense (I loved it for the stability on snow days) but everyone told me the hoods placement was ridiculous (they came set up this way). So I guess "daft" in the sense of daft designing... I don't know I'm not picky enough to care
Haha slipping on ice is a classic, I personally think injuries are more painful when they're kind of silly 😜
The photograph thing is actually a brilliant idea. I think I've figured that to heal slowly, I need about a 10cm rise (could also increase reach up to 5cm, depending on whether I choose something with a back sweep or not). Seems like more than a stem riser can offer. But anyway photos might even help more to thanks!

Originally Posted by DrIsotope
The biggest issue with a stem riser or high angle stem (like a +30º riser) is going to be that the brake lines and shift cables will likely be too short, and will need to be replaced. Good news is, external routing and Shimano, so it's pretty straightforward.
You can easily raise the cockpit several inches without changing the bars/levers. A stem riser or adjustable stem would both be good places to start-- but as I mentioned, new brake lines and shift cables almost certainly required.
Thanks, I had already tried an adjustable stem with a 45 degrees angle which got me to gain about 5cm in rise I think. Actually I had just enough slack in cables for turning the wheel up to 180° so all good on that side I think... but damn it felt (and looked as I got a few comments) so unstable when taking "sharp" turns (sharp by my own standards)! That's why I was thinking about the stem riser. It's just that Delta bikes, the only company that appears to make them for threadless systems, warns it's not recommended for carbon forks. Was just wondering why?
Do you reckon a new uncut fork would be much more stable than the adjustable stem or the stem riser? I'll see about the cables... Thank youuu!