Old 02-15-19, 08:32 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Came in an hour late today. Traffic was about the same I guess. Except I took the route that goes by a middle school and high school. One or both of them must start at 9 because at 8:40am that road was much higher traffic than I normally see there at 7:40am.

Just after that I come to a stop light where I wait kind of between the straight lane and right turn lane so I can go straight and actually get to a sidewalk / MUP connection on the other side. Whilte waiting for the light, I see a cyclist - looked to be on a rec ride vs commuting - who had come from the same direction as me, but was on the sidewalk across the road. I've seen kids use that because there is a crosswalk there. I'm not sure if he even checked for traffic or not, but he proceeds to turn right, not seeing the two cars that have a green to turn left onto the lane between the sidewalk and where I am. He ends up going around the left side of both of those cars into the oncoming traffic lane which luckily didn't have any cars coming. But he had to swerve twice to avoid those cars and was lucky one of them didn't hit him. I hollered, "Bad decision, dude!" after he got through. No response or acknowledgement.

Friday!