Old 02-01-19, 12:21 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 171 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg
That was just a segment where the rightmost lane becomes right turn only and the bike lane shifts from the right of that lane to the left of it.
As mentioned, it's hard to judge with that playback speed, but it looked like a situation where he/she was changing lanes right at the same time that you were moving left, which can be pretty bad because a lot of drivers will be looking at what is coming from behind at that point, and not necessarily noticing something that was ahead of them and now moving into the lane that was empty a few seconds prior. Plus all the cars stacked in the left turning lane only exacerbating the situation. I'm definitely not trying to say you did something wrong, just that I wouldn't want to have to ride through there every day.

Edit: just watched it again and I now see there are three lanes of traffic, and that wan't a left turn lane but just the center lane for proceeding straight. Anyway, it's still a bit iffy for me. I also saw the school but thing, and while I know you said you weren't going fast, I wouldn't have ridden through there with the doors open.

Last edited by robertorolfo; 02-01-19 at 12:26 PM.